About the City Of Centennial, Colorado
As one of the safest cities in Colorado, Centennial has something for everyone, offering open-space, distinctive recreational activities and advanced business opportunities.
The award winning Littleton Public Schools and Cherry Creek School District are the top school districts in the state and serve the residents of Centennial. USA Today and Money Magazine recently ranked Centennial among the “Best Places to Live” in America. The City is known as an innovative leader in successfully using both public and private partnerships to provide high quality and cost effective municipal services to our community and businesses.
The City of Centennial is located in the southern Denver metropolitan area, entirely within Arapahoe County.
Centennial is adjacent to the cities and towns of Aurora, Englewood, Foxfield, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch (unincorporated Douglas County), Littleton, Lone Tree and Parker.
|Population (U.S. Census Bureau)||109,726|
|Median Household Income||$96,634|
Where Centennial Ranks as a city
The City of Centennial is consistently recognized both locally and nationally for its superb quality of life, safety, great neighborhoods and abundance of recreational opportunities. Centennial strives for innovation and excellence and the accolades listed below is proof Centennial is really quite the package!
- 5th Best Splash Pad in the U.S. by USA Today Readers’ Choice (2017)
- One of the Best Places to Move/Open a Business from the Best of Colorado Business Choice Awards (2017)
- 8th Best City for First-Time Homebuyers by NerdWallet (2017)
- 2nd Healthiest Housing Market in Colorado by financial technology company SmartAsset (2017)
- One of the Best Cities for Families by Apartment List (2017)
- One of Best Cities to Start a Family by LendEDU (2017)
- Centennial Center Park – Best Place for Outdoor Fun by Macaroni Kid Daisy Awards (2016)
- #13 Best Place to Live in America by Money Magazine (2016)
- 5th Most Customer-Friendly City in America by Yelp (2016)
- #3 Best for Place for Veterans to Live by Military Times rankings for medium cities (2016)
- 9th Best City for First-Time Homebuyers by Wallet Hub (2016)
- Named 4th “most successful” city in the nation by Zippia Inc. (2016)
- One of best cities for young families by Apartment List (2016)
- One of the safest cities in Colorado by CQ Press (2006-Current)
- No. 4 Best Place to Live in USA Today’s 50 Best Places to Live in America (2015)
- 80122 named 3rd “Hottest Zip Code” for home sales in the Nation by Realtor.com (2015)
- Best City in Colorado for first-time home buyers by WalletHub (2015)
- Centennial Center Park was named #1 of eight playgrounds in Colorado that make you feel like a kid again by ImFromDenver.com (2015)
- Best for Vets: Places to Live 2015 rankings for medium cities (2015)
- “Under the Stars” Laser Light Show and Concert named Best Annual Event in Colorado Community Media’s Reader’s Choice Awards (2015)
- No. 13 Best Place to Live in America by Money Magazine (2014)
- No. 26 Best Place to Live in USA Today’s 50 Best Places to Live in America (2014)
- America’s Most Internet-Connected City by Governing Magazine (2014)
- One of the most “equal” large communities with greatest income equality by NerdWallet (2014)
- 5280 Magazine named Centennial Center Park Best Playground (2014)
- Centennial Center Park received the Live Work Play Awards from the Denver Regional Council of Governments (2013)
- No. 47 in Best Place to Live in America by Money Magazine (2012)